Palumbo & Kosofsky - New York City Elevator Accident Attorneys
New York City has more elevators than any other city in the United States. As a result, elevator accidents in Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island are common. In addition to being injured in a free-falling elevator car, other elevator accidents involve:
- Unlevel surface between the elevator car and the building floor
- Elevator doors opening with a missing car causing people to fall into the elevator shaft
- Unexpected drops between floors
- Elevator suddenly plummeting and coming to a sudden and violent stop
- Elevator getting stuck between floors
- Elevator Suddenly stops
- Elevator suddenly accelerating in speed
- In New York City the law holds owners, landlords, maintenance companies and elevator manufacturers responsible for injuries and deaths caused by their negligence. However, investigating and proving the party responsible is complex. This is why you need elevator injury attorneys Michael J. Palumbo & Mark Kosofsky on your side. They take any premises liability case seriously, properly investigating and preparing your case to get you the maximum recovery for your injuries, pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident through the negligent maintenance of an elevator or escalator in New York City, the New York accident attorney personal injury firm of Palumbo & Kosofsky stands ready to answer your questions and provide you the representation you need. Call today toll free 1-800-323-3266. A knowledgeable elevator accident attorney stands ready 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have.